GoT S0805: Dany going mad, full fix (Re-Edit (to the best of my ability)) Game of Thrones
- Published: 19 May 2019
- Do something nice, consider donating on the behalf of Emilia Clark. The issues I have with the show are strictly narrative, cast and crew did nothing wrong and I'm proud of everyone: justgiving.com/fundraising/justicefordaenerys
1. It's not perfect, I tried my best. I had to invent creative ways to insert Rhaegal. Yeah, that's right. I moved his death from episode 4 to episode 5. It'll make sense.
2. Dany, Drogon AND Rhageal ambush from the sky. Dany and Drogon race for the back of King's Landing to sack the city, destroying the walls. Rhaegal stays behind and lays havoc on Euron's fleet.
3. Jon isn't riding Rhaegal because tbh, I ain't got footage of that in this climate, but more importantly, it's because Dany doesn't trust Jon anymore. They had a fight earlier in the episode. You can be assured, she's not letting him ride her, or her dragons anytime soon. Tbh, Jon's lucky he's not dead.
4. Because of Rhaegal's existence, I had to reconstruct almost the entire battle to make it work. But we get to the bells just fine. The Lannister troops lay down their weapons and they surrender. Dany perches up on the wall, overlooking King's Landing. She's won...
5. We hear in the distance, Rhaegal screeching in pain. We see Euron has landed a fatal blow on Rhaegal. Rhaegal dies, just like in episode 4.
6. A devested Dany, on the other side of King's Landing, can't do anything to help her Dragon. As soon as the bells ring, people begin to cheer. To the people in King's Landing, they only saw ONE dragon, and that was Dany/Drogon. The civilians are cheering the death of a Dragon, they are cheering because they think they've killed Dany. If I had some fun shots of people cheering, I would have included them. If I had audio that said "We've killed the fucking dragon" or "the bitch is dead", I would have included it.
7. And now, it all makes sense. She goes mad because she just lost one of her Dragons and two, she goes mad because the people she's trying to rule see her as an evil conqueror, and they cheer and hope for her death. With everything else that's happened this season, this makes perfect sense.
8. I included the song "Winter is Here" when she burns the city to the ground because winter has come to King's Landing. We thought it was going to be snow, but it's ashes instead. Dany turned out to be the evil the Lord of Light wanted to vanquish. She kills just about a million innocent people with her Dragon. She's done more evil than the Night King has. Once you commit genocide, you can't go back. Which is why Jon, will have to kill her next episode fulfilling the Azor Ahai prophecy (the prince who was promised in the show). The Night King, was a red herring all this time. I think it's poetic to have this song play, as Dany can't ever go back to being Dany. In many ways, this is the Death of her character. Which is why we don't see her for the remainder of the episode. She's become evil incarnate, unleashing hell on the world. I debated leaving the song out, but kept it in anyways. The edit already had a lot of silent tension, and loud badass music. This felt right. It's also the moment, we as an audience realize everything I characters did to prevent death and destruction, has ultimately invited it in. It's a failure for all our characters, and it's a failure on our humanity.
- Computer games